Disney achieves "a first" with the release of the animated film Onward this weekend. The film, marketed to kids, has the first openly gay character in an animated film. The lesbian character is not one of the main characters, but we are still heart-broken that there's another children's film pushing this lifestyle.
Disney shows, once again, that they care more about promoting the liberal gay agenda than what families want to teach their children. Another message this movie promotes is that magic can be used to solve problems and help you bring back a dead parent. Scripture is clear on the use of magic.
Isaiah 8:19 says, "When men tell you to consult the spirits of the dead and the spiritists who whisper and mutter, shouldn't a people consult their God instead? Why consult the dead on the behalf of the living?"
These kinds of messages teach kids to seek the easy way out of problems in life instead of building character and learning perseverance. Turn to magic instead of Jesus. That is a dangerous road to go down and turns kids away from Christ.
This warning verse from God comes to mind: "If anyone causes one of these little ones - those who belive in me - to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea." ~ Matthew 18:6
Here's the trailer for Onward:
- Large media companies like Disney are using their influence to normalize and validate homosexuality when God warns us in scripture to steer clear of it.
- Not only does Disney push the LGBTQ agenda, but they push it in movies and shows geared towards kids.
- As always, boycott films like these with your time, attention, or money.
- Choose positive, uplifting Christian movies and support film companies who use music, not magic, to convey Truth.
- Talk with your kids about how to respond when others celebrate the movie and the themes it contains.
- Join the petition from One Million Moms and voice your displeasure with Disney's attempt to "sexualize children."
INFORM US HERE of any positive or negative pop culture that we need to be aware of. We will make sure that all families in our network get the info! If we missed something in this write up, let us know and we will update this review. Thanks!
Please share this alert by clicking on the SHARE button above.