- Sept. 2019 PBS Kids/Arthur: This children’s animated series features a same-sex wedding between two males on the children's animated series.
- The recent reboot of the PBS children's series Clifford the Big Red Dog contains a child character named Samantha who has two mommies, Dr. and Ms. Mulberry. The same-sex couple was first introduced in a mid-February episode titled “The Big Red Tomato/Dogbert.” *There was no disclaimer at the beginning of the episode where their relationship is explained.
- May 2019: PBS released Prideland, a weekly vignette focusing on an LGBTQ+ person and how that person deals with the ever-changing attitudes of Southern communities toward homosexual lifestyles.
- Sesame Street recently posted on its Facebook page that the drag queen activist Billy Porter will be the featured entertainer, bringing new vibes to the show. A fire emoji, which means something awesome, exciting, or "on fire” (or convey sexy or hot) concluded the post.
The funding for PBS was reduced from the $300 million dollar grant included in the bill passed by the U.S. House, to $75 million dollars during negotiations in the U.S. Senate.
PBS Kids is taking a complex, emotional issue even for adults and forcing their own viewpoint onto our children. What’s more, PBS is using our tax dollars to push this agenda. If PBS continues to push its radical agenda onto preschool children, they no longer deserve any federal funding of our tax dollars.
COUNTER CULTURE MOM CHALLENGE
- Reduce your child's screen time and engage them in other positive/creative activities.
- Be diligent in tracking what you allow your children to consume from television. Choose positive entertainment options such as those in the Counter Culture Mom Resources section.
- View programs with your children. Pre-record them so you can plan TV time together.
- Talk about the changes you see in children's programs with other adults; moms, grandparents, caretakers, etc. You may be surprised that this topic has not been introduced to our older or younger generation.
- Get involved and make your voice heard by supporting activist groups like One Million Moms and Liberty Council Action .