The exploitation and perverse sexual content in magazines aimed at teenage girls continue to promote overt, disgusting sexual behavior as normal. Lend your voice to stop Teen Vogue from encouraging your girls to sext!
A recent email from CitizenGO forwarded to CCM by a concerned parent.
"TeenVogue.com has done it. Yes, once again! They are encouraging teenage girls and youth to send “sext” messages and engage in other risky and often illegal sexual activity.
The message (also aimed at children) is shocking! And ironically, Teen Vogue's sexting articles were promoted at the same time the FBI issued a press release warning school closings due to COVID-19 present a potential for increased risk of child exploitation as students are spending more unsupervised time at home on computers."
For more information about this problem:
Enough is Enough:
Snapchat And Teen Vogue Encouraging Teens To Create ‘Child Pornography’ During Quarantine, National Center For Sexual Exploitation Says
Learn the details about teen sexting laws and penalties, and get specific information about your state's laws.
Teen Vogue figures
What does it mean to "distribute" child pornography?
Predators 101: An Introduction
This One Was Really Difficult to Hear About
- Sex before marriage is unbiblical and leads to multiple adverse consequences including increased risk of other high-risk behaviors like alcohol and drug use, mental health issues, teen pregnancy, and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Normalizing and promoting sexting and other perverse sexual behaviors is not ok.
- Add your name to the electronic petition and invite others you know to do the same.
- Talk to your teenage girls about purity and saving sex for marriage.
- Provide your teen girls with positive reading material like Brio from Focus on the Family.
INFORM US HERE of any positive or negative pop culture that we need to be aware of. We will make sure that all families in our network get the info! If we missed something in this write-up, let us know and we will update this review. Thanks!
Please share this alert by clicking on the SHARE button above.